Dating black glass bottles
This was the manner in which the early Owens bottles were blown. The glass is rough not sharp around the circumference of the Owens ring.
Produced during the era where all bottles were an relatively rare and cherished commodity to be discarded only when broken i. The Owens ring again covers the entire base and even intrudes out to the side of the bottle slightly.
Many of the American seals were produced in the s. The form was called the shaft and globe so named for the bottle shape. This bottle is probably free-blown or dip molded. In the neck on the right notice how just below the collar the mold seam goes complete around the neck.
Identification of these various forms takes some practice and knowledge. It can also be seen in paintings of the s. The image to the right is a close-up of a small, medium green, machine-made ink bottle.
Having stated the above, there are still many diagnostic features or characteristics that provide a high probability of both dating and typing a bottle with some precision. Where did the bottle come from, i. These bottles will, however, have the vertical side mold seam progressing all the way to the very top of the finish side, just not onto the rim.
The the lower left corner you can see evidence of the diagonal mold seam which at one time bisected the base. Notice also how unlike most pontil marks, the Owens ring covers the whole base of this bottle.
- Doctor who 4x13 online dating
- Campus life dating stages of intimacy
- Dating nsw country
- Sam worthington dating lara
- Dating simulator ariane unblocked
- Clay tobacco pipes dating quotes
- Medical student dating doctor website
- Red flags when dating a girl
- Guy to girl ratio tinder dating
- Jewish dating websites orthodox icons
- Solihull society for the physically handicapped dating
- Online dating isn't for everyone
- Dopunsko zdravstveno osiguranje online dating
- Buy refrigerator 80 litres online dating
- Jo yoon hee and lee hee joon dating sim