Failure to get the adjustment right will eventually burn up the transmission due to insufficient line pressure. Route this wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall and down to the transmission. Attach the constant side of the toggle switch.
Consult your speedometer manufacturer for its recommended solution. Decide where the toggle switch will be located within the vehicle, and install it. Allow as much fluid as possible to drain from the broken seal between the transmission and transmission pan.
Re 700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
What s Needed to Install a 700-R4 or 4L60E Trans Behind Carbureted 350
To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Runs, contact us. Put on safety glasses and place a large drain pan under the transmission pan. Disconnect the negative and positive terminals of the battery. Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email. This time, how do I will use an electronic speedo.
It Still Runs
When the solenoid is engaged, fluid is applied to the torque converter clutch, creating lockup and a direct link between the engine and transmission. Install the new filter into the transmission by gently pushing up on it. Add transmission fluid through the transmission fill tube, checking the fluid level every quart to prevent over filling. Drive the vehicle onto car ramps, put it in park, and set the emergency brake. Always leave enough extra length when cutting wire, so it can be secured later.
How to Wire a Switch to Lock Up the Torque Converter on a R Transmission
Never attempt to drive a vehicle with low transmission fluid. Over the years, rify various aftermarket companies have offered retrofit brackets and other solutions to ease the pain of putting a behind an older carburetor. The trans is new enough that it has a lot of wires going to it. Place one hand firmly on the transmission pan and hold it to the transmission case.
700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
- There are various home-brewed ways to accomplish this, but due to detailed differences through the years, such schemes may not be applicable to every model.
- This article was written by the It Still Runs team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information.
- Locate a body ground under the vehicle and attach one end of the gauge wire to the body ground.
R4 TCC/lockup wiring - The Forums
Tips The toggle switch can be installed in any location inside the vehicle. Back the vehicle off the car ramps. Warnings Never turn on the torque converter lock-up at slow speeds, free online dating and friendship as this may damage your vehicle. Torque the transmission bolts to the manufacturer's recommended torque with a small torque wrench.
Externally, all it needs is a volt source and an engine-vacuum reference.
- Place the new transmission pan gasket over the transmission pan, aligning all holes.
- There are no external adjustments and no noncomputer workarounds.
- Press the transmission pan back onto the transmission and hand-tighten the bolts that secure the pan to the transmission.
- Secure all gauge wire to the vehicle with zip ties to prevent any hanging wire.
- Loosen the transmission pan bolts four or five turns each, and gently pry down on the edge of the transmission pan, being careful to prevent any bending or warping.